- Daily Kos: Ben and Jerry’s Bush Memorial Flavors [Suggestions] – - Grape Depression – Abu Grape – Cluster Fudge – Nut'n Accomplished – Iraqi Road – Chock 'n Awe – WireTapioca – Impeach Cobbler – Guantanmallow – imPeachmint – Good Riddance You Lousy Motherfucker… Swirl – Heck of a Job, Brownie! – Neocon Politan – RockyRoad to Fascism – The Reese's-cession – Cookie D'oh! – The Housing Crunch – Nougalar Proliferation – Death by Chocolate… and Torture – Freedom Vanilla Ice Cream – Chocolate Chip On My Shoulder – You're Shitting In My Mouth And Calling It A Sundae – Credit Crunch – Mission Pecanplished – Country Pumpkin – Chunky Monkey in Chief – George Bush Doesn't Care About Dark Chocolate – WMDelicious – Chocolate Chimp – Bloody Sundae – Caramel Preemptive Stripe – I broke the law and am responsible for the deaths of thousands…with nuts
- Disposing of Assets of Failed Banks Tests F.D.I.C. – NYTimes.com – The F.D.I.C. inherited the collection of loans and property after the failure of 25 banks in 2008, compared to just three in 2007. Thirteen more have failed this year, including four on Friday night, and no one doubts that more are on the way. The F.D.I.C., which insures bank deposits and ultimately has responsibility for liquidating failed banks, is selling hundreds of millions of dollars worth of loans through eBay-like auction sites.
- forum – creative notes – LOHAS – Mindmaps for Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability.
- 20 WordPress Tricks to Improve Your Blog –
- Chart Rules, As Simple as Possible, But Not Any Simpler! | More Information per Pixel – In chart design it’s good to make things simple, but you certainly should avoid oversimplification.
As Einstein said: "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler".
Seth Godin presented in his blog The three laws of great graphs: 1. One Story 2. No Bar Charts 3. Motion
Effective chart design rules are simple, but reducing it to this set of 3 rules certainly is an over-oversimplification.
- BeFunky.com – Photo effects with one click, Turn your photos into artwork. –
- Philadelphia’s fiscal crisis | A Nutter crisis | The Economist – Philadelphia’s problems are huge and getting huger. By law the city’s five-year fiscal plan must be balanced annually. As well as seeking emergency federal help for public pensions, infrastructure, and access to capital for short-term cashflow, Mr Nutter has been forced to make difficult cuts. Every department’s budget has been slashed and will probably still lose another 10%-30%. His rescue plan so far has delayed tax breaks and reduced the city’s payroll. He has cut his own salary by 10%. Seven fire companies and several city swimming pools are on the chopping block. Mr Nutter has been forced to hold a series of town hall meetings to explain the cuts and the crisis. He got an earful, especially over the libraries.
- The Top 20 Most Engaging Facebook Applications – I'm sorry, but this is just disappointing. Is gambling the new porn? Isn't there something better we can be doing with Facebook Apps, things that bring us closer, makes us better, and tells us the things we want and need to know?
Tags: analytics, application, art, assets, banks, ben&jerry, blogs, budget, charting, charts, conceptmap, Crisis, customer, Daily Links, design, designer, engagement, Facebook, FDIC, flavor, free, generator, graphics, graphs, health, icecream, images, inspiration, lifestyles, liquidation, michaelnutter, mindmap, Philadelphia, photos, photoshop, php, presentation, reference, resources, suggestions, sustainability, tools, tutorial, visualization, web2.0, webdesign, webdev, Wordpress, wordpress-tips