Just goes to show how neglecting your blog and changes to Google algorithm and index effect traffic. This old post from 2005 on mummering was always a top post surrounding New Years Day. No more.
Three stories about the Philadelphia Eagles (and the Redskins) and the assassination John F. Kennedy.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer says the Kennedy family wanted to buy the Eagles, but the Cuban Missile Crisis scuttled their plans.
- The NFL decided to play after JFK’s assassination. This is the story of that game.
- Lastly, from Sports Illustrated, a tale of a brutal off-the-field fight between two Eagles in the aftermath of 11/22/1963.
There are a handful of local blogs who are killing it on Hurricane-Sandy-Frankenstorm coverage.
- SeverNJWX (they have a website but the Facebook/Twitter stream is better)
- EPAWA (Eastern Pa Weather Authority, website and Facebook).
Also don’t miss these:
Two really nice article in the August/September 2012 bi-monthly magazine Beerscene in remembrance of Michael Jackson (the other one, the deceased beer connoisseur). You can find them here and here.
Alas, for some reason the main page only renders in mobile format.