All excerpts are quoted from the respective link(s).
- How Food Preferences Vary by Political Ideology – The data in this report shows a consistent pattern for conservatives to trend towards “homey , familiar, comfort foods and meat-heavy options. They are more likely than liberals to indulge in fast food and enjoy splurges like cheeseburgers, hot dogs, deep dish pizza and sugar soda. Their idea of international food is a “mainstream option such as Italian.Liberals are more likely to be adventuresome eaters, choosing international options such as Japanese or Thai. They eat fast food less frequently than conservatives, and when they do splurge on fast food they have a tendency to favor specialty, regional chains. Liberals are more likely to be vegetarians and to choose healthier options such as whole grain bread, darker greens of lettuce, and more frequent servings of fruit.
- Hill Holliday Blog » Visualizing Daily Activities With Media Wheel – For a media planning project, we needed to find a simple way to illustrate how people in a particular segment engage with different media. After some experimentation, we came up with this “media wheel chart that summarizes 216 data points from a media spreadsheet. It shows (zoom in) where ” at work, at home, in a restaurant, or in the car ” people are when they read newspapers, watch TV, or listen to the radio throughout a typical day. Lighter hues correspond to higher levels of activity.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Beta Professional Plus – Free Download – With Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, your people get a wide range of powerful new ways to do their best work from more places “ whether they’re using a PC, smartphone or web browser. From insightful updates to Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, to new server integration capabilities that make it easier for everyone to track, report and share vital information, Office Professional Plus 2010 offers the complete package through familiar, intuitive tools.
- Designing Social Interfaces: Overview and Practical Techniques … – In essence, we control the flow of user interaction on our websites. By crafting an interface to facilitate certain behaviors, we can influence the direction in which our community goes.
- Prioritize Your Social Media Efforts – There aren’t enough hours in the day for all the chores that social media puts in front of us. The best writing I’ve found on how to manage your time in social media is via Amber Naslund’s social media time management series. Her efforts in crafting this should become a little ebook that you hand around to everyone. If you skipped over that link, go back, click it to open a new tab/window, and then read it when you’re done with this (or skip mine and read Amber’s- it’s that good).