These are my links for August 12th through August 13th:
- Contrariwise: Literary Tattoos – Words – particularly from books – as bodyart.
- The Washington Monthly: The Burbs – Matt points us today to a discussion on the Freakonomics blog about the future of suburbia in the face of increasing gasoline prices. The consensus view is fairly grim, but it reminds me of a few random points about urban land use that have been on my mind for a while. There's no big overarching point here, and nothing especially original, just a few thoughts that don't seem to get much attention in blogospheric discussions of the burbs.
- LOL Bush: The president at the Olympics | World news | guardian.co.uk – LOLCATS accompanies the Prez to the Olympics.
- The Washington Monthly – What this experiment revealed was that instead of a war-hungry public, Americans were evenly divided over whether to go to war — three in ten in favor, three in ten opposed, with a plurality willing to do whatever the political leaders thought best.
- LOLJohnMcCain –
- What if the Detroit 3 became 2? | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press – But a more persuasive reason to believe that General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC will avert Chapter 11 bankruptcy is the fallout that would decimate its component suppliers and spread chaos throughout the U.S. industrial base.
- Find movie filming locations and the places where movies have been made with The Movie Map –
- russia.gif (image) – If you are wondering what the Ossetia-Georgia-Russia thing is about, oil is a part of it…