All excerpts are quoted from the respective link(s).
- Then vs. now: How prices have changed since 1999 – During the subsequent decade, the stock market made us rich as kings, then poor as church mice. We've taken a look back to see how the years have affected the price of 50 things we buy, or wish we could buy. Thanks to inflation, it takes around $1.30 to buy what $1 bought in 1999.
- UNHsocialmedia.pdf (application/pdf Object) – The study found no correlation between heavy social media usage and grades. There was no
significant difference in grades between those considered to be heavy users of social media and
those considered to be light users. For example, 63 percent of heavy users received high
grades, compared to 65 percent of light users. Researchers found similar results with lower
grades. While 37 percent of heavy users of social media received what were defined as lower
grades, 35 percent of light users received fell into that same category. There also was no
correlation between grades and the social media platform used. For example, almost the same
number of heavy and light users of both Facebook and YouTube received the same category of
high and low grades.
- How Social Media Has Changed Us – Over the last 10 years, we’ve seen social media galvanize thousands over politics, create as many industries as it has destroyed, and offer an abundance of visual and audio entertainment. But has all this incredible change actually changed us, or just the world we live in?
- 100 Years of Consumer Spending | Visual Economics – A look at the changes in consumer spending habits over the last century.
- The Big Picture » Blog Archive » Guide to 2010 Outlooks – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO 2010 INVESTMENT PREDICTIONS AND OUTLOOKS[.] We’ve compiled many of the very best outlooks from various analysts, gurus, hedge funds and investors. We hope you find the list helpful in mapping your successful 2010[.]
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs –
- Social Media Glossary | The Social Media Guide –
Tags: 1999, 2009, 2010, anthropology, Apple, banks, census, college, consumer, consumerism, Culture, Daily Links, data, decade, design, dollar, Economics, economy, ethnography, Facebook, finance, funds, Google, grades, hedge, history, howto, inflation, infographics, inspiration, interesting, investing, investment, LinkedIn, Marketing, media, money, Outlook, Politicking, powerpoint, prices, publicspeaking, research, slideshare, social, socialmedia, socialnetworking, social_software, society, spending, stevejobs, system:filetype:pdf, system:media:document, university, visualization, web2.0