- Schneier on Security: Election Fraud in Kentucky – I think this is the first documented case of election fraud in the U.S. using electronic voting machines (there have been lots of documented cases of errors and voting problems, but this one involves actual maliciousness[.]
- Great photographs of the economic crisis. – - Slate Magazine – Last week, Slate launched "Shoot the Recession," a project in which we asked our readers what the economic crisis looks like to them. The response on the photo-sharing site Flickr, where we set up a group page to collect your contributions, has been bullish. As of this writing, our Flickr pool is home to more than 160 pictures.
- StillTasty: Your Ultimate Shelf Life Guide – Save Money, Eat Better, Help The Environment – Keep It or Toss It? How long will your favorite food or beverage stay fresh or be safe to eat?
- Academic Earth – Video lectures from the world’s top scholars – Thousands of video lectures from the world's top scholars.
- Ask a Flowchart: Which Blowhard Am I? – Encompassing Winer, Calanacis, Cuban, Carr, Anderson, Jarvis, and Godin.
- Coverville 562: The Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder Cover Story « Coverville – A podcast of Pearl Jam covers.
- SEPTA delays ‘smart card’ fare system | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/20/2009 – SEPTA's new electronic "smart card" fare-collection system will be delayed after the agency this week gave companies more time to offer proposals for designing and building the system.
Tags: apps, classes, computers, cook, Corruption, course, covers, coverville, crime, currency, Daily Links, Economics, eddievedder, election, evoting, expiration, fail, fare, flickr, flowchart, foodsafety, fraud, freshness, fridge, Government, humor, infographic, internet, lecture, lectures, lifehacker, magazines, money, opencourseware, pearljam, photography, photos, podcasts, political, Politicking, projects, public, recession, safety, schneier, scholars, security, Septa, shelf, shelflife, slate, Smartcard, spoilage, stored, transportation, value, voting, web2.0, wired